If you are a vulnerable person and don’t have the support you need please tell the council. The number to call to get help and support is 01293 438000. Crawley Borough Council will be able to signpost you to the help you need.
As part of the council’s community hub response, they will also be looking to put in some direct support.You can get up-to-date information at:
How to stay safe when accepting help from others
- If you are receiving voluntary help do not share financial details like credit/debit card numbers or personal information.
- If someone you don’t know calls at your home, always ask for ID and always ensure you are comfortable sharing details like your phone number or address.
- Only provide information on a need to know basis and if you have seen ID. Do not feel pressured into providing information
- If you have doubts about those who are approaching you, and are concerned, it is advised that you don’t engage, and report serious suspicious behaviour to the police.
- Remember that genuine volunteers have been instructed not to enter your home and should all have documentation proving their status.
All across the country, people who are not at risk are playing their part in supporting their friends and neighbours who need to stay at home because of coronavirus. You can offer support by downloading the flyer below and distribute to vulnerable persons near you: