Please logon to our SMG Practice website or contact SMG to book your annual flu vaccination appointment.
This year the flu vaccine is being offered on the NHS to the following:
- adults 65 and over
- people with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
- children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2020 DOB 1st Sept 2016 to 31st August 2018
- people living with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- pregnant women
- children in primary school – To be given at school if attending or the surgery if not
- children in year 7 (secondary school) – To be given at school if attending or the surgery if not
- frontline health or social care workers
- BMI 40 +
- Patients with a learning disability
- Aged 50 to 64 (not at clinical risk) See information below
For patients 50-64
Please note that, if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine. No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, and you will be invited earlier.